NEXTDC today announced its financial results for the half-year ended 31 December 2016 (1H17), which saw continued substantial growth in revenue and earnings, and updates on the company’s wide-ranging program of facility development.
1H17 financial highlights
- Revenue up 39% to $58.7 million (1H16: $42.1 million)
- EBITDA up 110% to $23.9 million (1H16: $11.4 million)
- Profit before tax of $8.0 million (1H16: $0.6 million)
- Cash and term deposits of $276.5 million at 31 December 2016
Commenting on the 1H17 results, Mr Scroggie, Chief Executive Officer said: “We are very pleased to report record revenue, EBITDA and operating cash flow. This outstanding performance reflects NEXTDC’s inherent operating leverage, which combined with a robust balance sheet, puts the business in a strong position to continue to accelerate growth.”
- Contracted utilisation up 32% to 30.0MW at 31 December 2016 (31 December 2015: 22.8MW)
- Interconnection (cross connects) up 42% to 5,472 at 31 December 2016 (31 December 2015: 3,843)
- Number of customers up 23% to 699 (31 December 2015: 566)
Strong growth in interconnection has seen the average number of cross connects per customer increase to nearly eight at 31 December 2016, which highlights NEXTDC customers’ increasing use of the data centres to build hybrid clouds and expand their ecosystems.
Data centre development
The S2 Sydney site is now under contract, with development approvals underway. Practical completion is expected towards the end of 1H18.
B2 Brisbane and M2 Melbourne remain on track to achieve practical completion towards the middle of this year, offering approximately 1.5MW (B2) and 2MW (M2) of initial capacity.
“FY17 is the biggest year in NEXTDC’s history, with planned capital investments of more than $250 million,” continued Mr Scroggie. “We are developing three new world class hyperscale data centres to take advantage of the unprecedented demand for cloud and enterprise colocation.”
For more detailed financial results and company outlook, access the 1H17 results announcement and 1H17 results presentation.