Hurricane Electric’s new Point of Presence at S1 Sydney will provide organisations with global high-speed connectivity that meet their technology needs.
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Hurricane Electric, the world’s largest IPv6-native Internet backbone provider, bringing increased high-speed global network connectivity through the introduction of a new Point of Presence (PoP) in NEXTDC’s S1 Sydney Data Centre.
NEXTDC S1 Sydney offers 5,800 m2 of technical space, with capacity for 2,800 racks, delivering seamless and secure access to NEXTDC’s entire national ecosystem of 550+ partners comprising the largest public and private cloud platforms, ISP and MSP providers and the nations carrier networks. NEXTDC’s Uptime Institute certified facilities deliver organisations a 100% uptime guarantee of the critical infrastructure that drives our business forward and are the only data centre provider in the market to deliver customers this level of business assurance.
This PoP is Hurricane Electric’s third in Sydney and fourth in Australia and will provide enterprises in Sydney and New South Wales with improved fault tolerance, load balancing and congestion management in the delivery of next generation IP connectivity services.
Sydney is quickly developing a strong ecosystem for the tech community, having recently announced the creation of an innovation hub, similar to Silicon Valley. The new innovation hub is expected to create 10,000 jobs by 2036 and has had a warm reception from global tech companies.
Adam Scully, Chief Sales Officer at NEXTDC said, “We are excited to welcome Hurricane Electric to the NEXTDC ecosystem. They are a company on the forefront of innovation for global connectivity, their exciting growth strategy and vision for helping customers to build resilient and reliable networks closely aligns to the commitment NEXTDC makes to our customers. Our vision is to empower our customers to leverage the full capability of the digital era. Our partnership with companies like Hurricane Electric enables us to deliver on that promise”.
“We’re pleased to provide NEXTDC’s customers in and around Sydney with cost-effective global connectivity options,” said Mike Leber, President of Hurricane Electric. “The addition of this new location is important for our continued expansion in Australian and will help meet the bandwidth needs of the tech boom that Sydney is experiencing.”
Customers of NEXTDC in and around Sydney now have a variety of new connectivity options and access to Hurricane Electric’s extensive IPv4 and IPv6 network through 100GE (100 Gigabit Ethernet), 10GE (10 Gigabit Ethernet) and GigE (1 Gigabit Ethernet) ports. Additionally, customers at the facility are able to exchange IP traffic with Hurricane Electric’s vast global network, which offers over 20,000 BGP sessions with over 7,500 different networks via more than 200 major exchange points and thousands of customer and private peering ports.
NEXTDC’s S1 Sydney data centre highlights:
- S1 is an Uptime Institute Tier III certified facility for design and constructed facility
- The only data centre in New South Wales certified as a NABERS 5-Star rated infrastructure facility for energy efficiency
- S1 is the only data centre in NSW to achieve Uptime Institute Tier III Gold certification for Operational Sustainability, a globally recognised capability that demonstrates the operational excellence of a facility, ensuring NEXTDC is best positioned to help customers reduce unnecessary risk associated with unplanned downtime
- IT load capacity of 16MW
- Direct connection to international internet exchanges, accessed via NEXTDC’s diverse partner ecosystem
- Multi-layered security protocols with individual authentication using combined biometric fingerprint technology and ID access cards, extensive CCTV network and 24/7 onsite security staff.
For further information, please contact our friendly team.