Hurricane Electric’s New Point of Presence at P1 Perth data centre will provide local businesses with global high-speed connectivity that meet their accelerating technology needs
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Hurricane Electric, the world’s largest IPv6-native Internet backbone provider, bringing increased high-speed global network connectivity through the introduction of a new Point of Presence (PoP) in NEXTDC’s P1 Perth data centre.
“We are delighted to further extend our partnership with Hurricane Electric, who is an important connectivity solutions provider that forms part of our network-rich national partner ecosystem” said Adam Scully, Chief Sales Officer at NEXTDC. “With the introduction of a second Point of Presence inside NEXTDC’s national footprint, this new WA location will allow locally based businesses to seamlessly access the cost-effective and high-performance connectivity options made available to them via this partnership. Our priority is ensuring we closely support our customers as they accelerate their digital-first priorities, and it’s through our strategic partnerships with companies like Hurricane Electric that enable us to do so”.
NEXTDC P1 offers 3,000 m2 of technical space and is strategically positioned near critical network, power, and submarine cable infrastructure. P1 delivers WA businesses seamless and secure access to NEXTDC’s national partner ecosystem of 600+ partners, comprising the leading public cloud platforms, ICT services providers and the nation’s carrier networks. As a completely neutral colocation facility, P1 is home to the only locally available public cloud onramps, offering direct connectivity to Microsoft Azure and AWS. P1 is the only data centre in WA to achieve Uptime Institute Tier III Gold Certification of Operational Sustainability; and deliver organisations a 100% uptime guarantee of the critical infrastructure that drives their business.
This PoP is Hurricane Electric’s first in Perth in and fifth in Australia and will provide enterprises in Perth and Western Australia with improved fault tolerance, load balancing and congestion management in the delivery of next generation IP connectivity services. Customers of NEXTDC in and around Perth now have a variety of new connectivity options and access to Hurricane Electric’s extensive IPv4 and IPv6 network through 100GE (100 Gigabit Ethernet), 10GE (10 Gigabit Ethernet) and GigE (1 Gigabit Ethernet) ports. Additionally, NEXTDC’s WA based customers are able to exchange IP traffic with Hurricane Electric’s vast global network, which offers over 20,000 BGP sessions with over 8,000 different networks via more than 250 major exchange points and thousands of customer and private peering ports.
“We’re pleased to continue our partnership with NEXTDC and be able to provide their customers in and around Perth with cost-effective global connectivity options,” said Mike Leber, President of Hurricane Electric. “The addition of this new location is important for our continued expansion in Australia and will help meet the bandwidth needs of connecting the area to Australia’s east coast and Asia.”
NEXTDC P1 Perth data centre highlights:
- P1 is WA’s only colocation data centre to hold Uptime Institute Tier III Gold certification for Operational Sustainability, a globally recognised capability that demonstrates the underlying operational excellence of a facility. This ensures NEXTDC is best positioned to help customers reduce unnecessary risk associated with unplanned outages and business downtime
- NEXTDC data centres are the only facilities that guarantee 100% uptime, offering a greater level of resilience and reliability that digital businesses require
- P1 houses WA’s only locally available public cloud onramps to AWS and Microsoft Azure
- P1 directly connects to NEXTDC P2 Perth, the termination point of the major submarine cable infrastructure that connects Perth to Asia and Sydney
- Direct connection to international internet exchanges, accessed via NEXTDC’s diverse partner ecosystem
- Multi-layered security protocols with individual authentication using combined anti-cloning biometric fingerprint technology and ID access cards, extensive CCTV network and 24/7 onsite security staff.
For more information, reach out to our team.