Aussie Broadband hits the ‘easy button’ for resilience and security to focus on customer experience and sustaining growth
When you’re an ISP managing extraordinary growth, staying focused on innovation whilst ensuring maximum availability, security, and resilience of your digital infrastructure, is reliant on partnering strategically.
Aussie Broadband (ABB) is a household name in the Australian market, known for their service quality, and consistently delivering an outstanding level of customer support. Their success is perhaps best demonstrated by the fact they were announced as ISP of the Year at the 2020 Roy Morgan Annual Customer Satisfaction Awards.
By making things easier for customers, Aussie Broadband has become synonymous for exemplary service, and ease for doing business.
Our partnership advantage
- Seamlessly scale infrastructure to facilitate growth: By embedding scalable, flexible, and agile operational best practise at their core, Aussie Broadband future-proof the ability to right-size and re-shape growing infrastructure requirements to support.
- Superior quality assurance: Partnering with NEXTDC ensures Aussie Broadband’s governance oversight, service delivery performance and R&D projects are backed by stable, secure and measurable infrastructure.
- Steely focus on innovation: Embedding highly agile and responsive infrastructure process at the core, capital and resources are laser focused on innovation through product development and delivering the world’s best customer experience.
With customer numbers expanding quickly for Aussie Broadband, sustaining their success was dependent on maintaining differentiation on customer service and their ability to scale their infrastructure quickly, in alignment with demand.
Aussie Broadband Chief Technology Officer, John Reisinger said; “Resilience and innovation are our highest priorities. Success for us boils down to being able to deliver consistently stable, and flexible services that are backed by outstanding customer experiences.”
“First and foremost, our customers just want their internet services always on,” he said. “But if they have an issue or if they need to change something up, they expect efficient, prompt support, preferably with intuitive, self-service capabilities.”
From a starting base of 27,000 customers in June 2017, Aussie Broadband boasted over 400,000 customers at the time of publishing with retention rates well ahead of industry averages.
Key challenges as the company scales:
- Managing risk as customer demand surges – Maintaining resilience, connectivity, compliance, and security vigilance as infrastructure requirements balloon. Continuing to facilitate the flexibility, agility, and scalability to grow seamlessly
- Partnering for success – Accessing high performance interconnection to the carriers, clouds, and complementary IT services that underpin its core operations and enable new enterprise services
- Product and service innovation – Enabling the organisation to focus on its innovation agenda to continue to strengthen growth and supporting customer experience and product/service diversification.
There were some non-negotiable ‘must haves’ for Aussie Broadband:
- Delivering on their customer promise of quality, reliability, and responsiveness
- Continue to scale, and sustain growth
- National support with an infrastructure partner that delivers the highest levels of reliability
- Make it easy to do business, and keep customers at the front of decision-making.
To achieve those objectives, Aussie Broadband identified early that success would come from partnering strategically with a data centre services company aligned to its goals, and growing footprint. Delivering the industry’s best customer experience meant removing any friction, therefore they needed a partner that would act as a core enabler for their infrastructure, operations, and service priorities.
Aussie Broadband uses NEXTDC’s Tier IV globally rated facilities that ensure they meet their most critical business objectives around resilience, quality, and reliability. With a sprawling national presence across NEXTDC’s Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth locations, Aussie Broadband strategically aligned its infrastructure operations to NEXTDC’s redundancy and resilience capability, bolstering their resilience posture with 100% uptime. With NEXTDC’s digital infrastructure platform housing the country’s largest network of cloud access points, Aussie Broadband strategically tap into the national ecosystem to interconnect to public cloud and a broader array of carriers and digital services providers.
NEXTDC’s national footprint is as a hub for enabling seamless digital services interconnection, which facilitates immediate access to Aussie Broadband’s broader ecosystem of clouds, carriers, and digital services providers
- Connecting with the ecosystem – “From within NEXTDC’s data centres, we integrate a range of telecommunications and other technology services with our own physical fibre footprint. We can also house the private cloud environments we have built to facilitate the connectivity, infrastructure and support requirements of customers.”
- Reduce capital expenditure – “By partnering with a renowned expert in data centre management such as NEXTDC, we can reduce the need for capital expenditure in the short term and instead route those investments in other more strategic parts of the business.”
- Seamless infrastructure growth – “With NEXTDC having facilities across Australia, we can very quickly scale our infrastructure where it’s needed to support customer demand.”
- Staying focused on what’s important – “Running data centres is not our core competency. Our energies are better off staying focused on providing stable, flexible internet services and developing innovative customer interfaces, which is further bolstered by expanding our own fibre-in-the-ground footprint.”
- 100% uptime – “We never have to worry about resilience, reliability, or security concerns. We know those risks are taken off the table for us by NEXTDC. Just like every other business these days, downtime is a huge potential risk and hazard to the business. We can never afford to go offline, and our energies are better spent elsewhere than trying to manage that.”
– John Reisinger, CTO, Aussie Broadband.
Our Partnership Advantage
Seamlessly scale infrastructure to facilitate growth: By embedding scalable, flexible, and agile operational best practise at their core, Aussie Broadband future-proof the ability to right-size and re-shape growing infrastructure requirements to support demand
Superior quality assurance: Partnering with NEXTDC ensures Aussie Broadband’s governance oversight, service delivery performance and R&D projects are backed by stable, secure and measurable infrastructure.
Steely focus on innovation: Embedding highly agile and responsive infrastructure process at the core, capital and resources are laser focused on innovation through product development and delivering the world’s best customer experience.
When you're an ISP managing extraordinary growth, staying focused on innovation whilst ensuring maximum availability, security, and resilience of your digital infrastructure, is reliant on partnering strategically. Aussie Broadband leverages NEXTDC's Australian data centre network for seamless scalability, superior quality and a focus on innovation.