Dedicated connectivity to Amazon Web Services
Establish a dedicated high-speed connection between your network and Amazon Web Services (AWS) using AWS Direct Connect.
Our M1 Melbourne and C1 Canberra data centres are one of four Direct Connect locations in Australia, and the only ones outside of Sydney.
How do I connect?
You can access AWS Direct Connect via a cross connect service in NEXTDC M1 or C1, or via the AXON network from any of our 6 data centres around Australia.
Use Direct Connect to securely connect your infrastructure to any of your AWS cloud services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon DynamoDB.
Want to know more?
If you'd like to learn more about your options to access AWS Direct Connect please contact us.
CONNECT ON-DEMAND WITH AXON
Benefits of AWS Direct Connect via AXON:
- Select your closest AWS Direct Connect POP to reduce inter-capital overheads. You choose from a wide range of independent carrier services with variable pricing, route, bandwidth and contract length.
- Achieve better performance, reliability and security of your AWS applications and workloads compared to the Internet.
- Deploy a hybrid cloud architecture where applications and workloads can be moved between private, public and on-premise platforms as needed.
- Partition your AXON port into multiple virtual instances to maintain network separation between your different AWS services.
- Connect only when you need to and scale your bandwidth to reduce overhead costs.
Learn more about our AXON connectivity platform.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is AWS Direct Connect?
AWS Direct Connect is a network service provided by AWS that delivers a high-speed, reliable alternative to using the public internet to access your AWS cloud services. Read more on the AWS website.
Where is AWS Direct Connect available?
There are four Direct Connect locations in Australia. Our M1 Melbourne and C1 Canberra data centres are the only ones outside of Sydney.
How do I connect to AWS Direct Connect?
For customers in NEXTDC M1 and C1 you simply order a cross connect for direct access to AWS Direct Connect. For all other locations you can connect to your closest AWS Direct Connect POP using our AXON connectivity platform.
Download M1 FAQs
Download C1 FAQs